November 24th, 2010
GameSpot reader Terror Rizzing has compiled a great thread of "notable PC games" already released this year, including critically-acclaimed multiplatform titles. "There not all exclusive but notable on PC," he says after adding, "Too many threads about console only games are getting on my nerves."
Excluding many of the obvious picks such as World of Wacraft, Bioshock 2, and lesser-known indie games, many of which are covered here, here's an incomplete list of over 50 notable PC games you might want to play:
- Napoleon: Total War - Turn-based strategy done right
- Mass Effect 2 - Massive RPG you can replay again and again
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat - The road-less traveled shooter
- Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising - Real-time strategy, baby
- Metro 2033 - Solid shooter with mind-numbing graphics
- Mount & Blade Warband - Solid little action RPG.
- Dragon Age: Awakening - The latest in a rad RPG series
- Bad Company 2 - A lot better than Modern Warfare 2.
- Just Cause 2 - Quality GTA knock off
- Lord of Ultima - One awesome web game
- The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom - Very good city builder
- Assassin's Creed 2 - Great action adventure game
- Eschalon: Book II - Amazing old-school RPG
- Numen: Contest of Heroes - Decent hack & slash RPG
- Darksiders - Good hack & slash zelda knock-off
- Splinter Cell Conviction - Great action/adventure game (better than Metal Gear Solid)
- Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City - Nice compilation of an awesome sandbox game
- Divinity II: Ego Draconis - Solid RPG
- The Passing - Free Left 4 Dead expansion
- Heroes of Newerth - Fantasy action RPG
- Blur - Mario kart knock off with realistic graphics
- Split/Second - "Explosive" racing game
- Tropico 3 - Worthy simulation game
- Sims 3: Ambitions - Great expansion
- Alien Breed Impact - Great little old school co-op shooter
- Need for Speed: World - mmo racing game
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - Racing game of the year?
- Alpha Protocol - Love it or hate it.
- Runaway: A Twist of Fate - Nice little adventure game
- Singularity - Solid first-person shooter
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - Another good action adventure game.
- Lego Harry Potter - Lego fun.
- And MORE!
Clearly the PC is lacking quality games to play. Clearly.
By the way, if you're not already one of the 2 million people to have downloaded it elsewhere, buy Flight Control HD for PC. It's incredibly addictive. Not to mention only $5.
Read more: PC gaming headlines