September 16th, 2010
When Ubisoft unveiled Innergy this summer, a lot of gamers immediately scoffed at the idea. "A relaxation game? No thanks." Or worse: "Ubisoft has finally jumped the shark." (As if announcing this little game negates every good game Ubisoft has or will release.”
In any case, I was one of the few E3 attendees that reacted in a positive way to the game, coming next year exclusively to PC.
Admittedly, Innergy is very “Wii-like,” what with its “well being over gameplay” approach. What’s more, it uses a biofeedback finger thingy to track breathing, etc. And in all honesty, it’s more software than it is game.
But everyone could use a deep breath once in a while. Even if its a meditation simulator disguised as a game. And like Osmos, I could see this as a great wind-down game after some Call of Duty or other high octane game.
That said, is this something you’re even remotely interested in?
OFFICIAL GAME DESCRIPTION
Stress affects everybody, everyday: with work, family, health and more, there is so much going on! Maybe you get easily irritated, suffer from headaches or have troubles sleeping... You can feel it and so do people around you.
Innergy will help you channel this stress and turn it into positive energy. Learn how to breathe better and control your inner system to react efficiently and lucidly in situations of stress.
Innergy is a new generation of game, designed to improve the way you feel and allow you to enjoy life more fully.
Innergy, breathe your stress away!
- A daily solution to fight stress: use your breathing to control your heartbeat, which in turns affects your brain. Practice breathing exercises to reach cardiac coherence: a state where your brain can access its full resources, without being pulled down by instinctive reactions of stress.
- Technological breakthrough: developed by Ubisoft in collaboration with medical equipment company MindMedia, the Innergy Sensor packs in cutting-edge biofeedback technology in a mainstream, user-friendly object.
- Personal program: identify your own sources of stress and understand how you react to these. Practice your respiration in custom exercises designed according to your stress profile, and watch your avatar progress over time in your illustrated diary
- Anywhere, anytime: you can plug your Innergy Sensor on any computer to play. Innergy is easy to use anytime that fits your needs, whether you’re at work preparing for a stressful meeting or trying to relax and fall asleep at night. Whenever you need a break, just plug it on, breathe, and recharge yourself!
- World-class creative talents: famous artist Rolito brings the magic of Innergy to life with an original graphic identity. Leading designer Patrick Jouin transcends the medical device into a trendy, personable object: the Innergy Sensor.