sub woofer problem in m14x

Kloaked said:

Yeah dude, haha. I've seen posts from people in the past saying that their subwoofer isn't working, and they DEMANDED a replacement. One, subwoofers that small shouldn't even be called subwoofers, lul. It's not even in a real subwoofer box to actually do anything (the size is out of the question, it's so small). If you're gaming, you're going to be using headphones anyways. Haha.

Well, it depends of you point of view. I recommend you read some basic articles about acoustics, the trick here is not a size, but good resonator shape. Of course, you never have a deep bass and pump up whole room, using 1,5 inch bass speaker, but it doing it's job well enough to have really cool sound in close quarter, good for looking movie or play the game, in compare with other notebooks and even low- and mid- price computer speakers. Just go to the nearest shop and ask seller to demonstrate it to you - hope you hear the difference.
T-Troll said:

Kloaked said:

Yeah dude, haha. I've seen posts from people in the past saying that their subwoofer isn't working, and they DEMANDED a replacement. One, subwoofers that small shouldn't even be called subwoofers, lul. It's not even in a real subwoofer box to actually do anything (the size is out of the question, it's so small). If you're gaming, you're going to be using headphones anyways. Haha.

Well, it depends of you point of view. I recommend you read some basic articles about acoustics, the trick here is not a size, but good resonator shape. Of course, you never have a deep bass and pump up whole room, using 1,5 inch bass speaker, but it doing it's job well enough to have really cool sound in close quarter, good for looking movie or play the game, in compare with other notebooks and even low- and mid- price computer speakers. Just go to the nearest shop and ask seller to demonstrate it to you - hope you hear the difference.

It's got nothing to do with point of view, lol. The subwoofer is too small to make any real bass, and it's not in an enclosure. I know how acoustics work. It doesn't do what a REAL subwoofer does. My mentor's Dell Studio laptop has the same deep tone as my M14X but he doesn't have a subwoofer in his. Same with Macbooks.
Kloaked said:

T-Troll said:

Kloaked said:

It's got nothing to do with point of view, lol. The subwoofer is too small to make any real bass, and it's not in an enclosure. I know how acoustics work. It doesn't do what a REAL subwoofer does. My mentor's Dell Studio laptop has the same deep tone as my M14X but he doesn't have a subwoofer in his. Same with Macbooks.

It's absolutely something to do with a point of view. If you think it sounds good, it sounds good. If you think it doesn't, go go off like you are about it "not being a real subwoofer" and "you should use headphones for gaming". Why do you care what others do with their machines? Bugger off. It is in fact a subwoofer because it's a speaker with a low pass filter. That's all a subwoofer is.
jpierson86 said:

It's absolutely something to do with a point of view. If you think it sounds good, it sounds good. If you think it doesn't, go go off like you are about it "not being a real subwoofer" and "you should use headphones for gaming". Why do you care what others do with their machines? Bugger off. It is in fact a subwoofer because it's a speaker with a low pass filter. That's all a subwoofer is.

Number one, you need to have a brighter attitude on the internet. You take everything someone says like they're trying to upset someone. I'm not, lol. Everything that I ever see you post looks like you're getting all bent out of shape. Two, a subwoofer isn't just a speaker with a low pass filter. Take a speaker from a bass cabinet and a tweeter from it's box and compare them. The magnet is three times as big, and the cone is much much thicker. Certain subwoofers are designed to only have certain frequencies travel through it so that even without a crossover you're only getting low ends out of it. The subwoofer in the M14X (or any subwoofer in any laptop) is NOT actually doing what a subwoofer does. It can't because it's too small and it's not in a real enclosure. It's not that hard to understand, lol. You can't cram that stuff in a laptop. Three, you're taking what I said and thinking something totally different. I didn't say "you should use headphones for gaming". I said, "you're going to be using headphones for gaming anyways" since it's a laptop. Stop being so negative. Just chill the hell out.
Number one, I have a perfectly fine attitude in my opinion and you are in no position to tell me how I should act. I am not bent out of shape at all, trust me :) How exactly am I being negative? You're the one coming in here and spouting about "durrr it's not a real subwoofer". Go cry about it kiddo!
Also--- here is the definition of a subwoofer-- "A subwoofer (or "sub") is a woofer, or a complete loudspeaker, which is dedicated to the reproduction of low-pitched audio frequencies known as the "bass"." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subwoofer Does it pass through low frequencies? Then it is a subwoofer.
jpierson86 said:

Also--- here is the definition of a subwoofer-- "A subwoofer (or "sub") is a woofer, or a complete loudspeaker, which is dedicated to the reproduction of low-pitched audio frequencies known as the "bass"." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subwoofer Does it pass through low frequencies? Then it is a subwoofer.

You just confirmed what I was saying, so thanks, kiddo. :] "dedicated to the reproduction of low-pitched audio frequencies"
.... and that is exactly what the suboofer in the m14x does, right? Great comeback by the way 10/10!
jpierson86 said:

.... and that is exactly what the suboofer in the m14x does, right? Great comeback by the way 10/10!

No, that's not what the subwoofer in an M14X does, lol. Also, you should just stop with trying to upset me, or whatever it is you're trying to do with the whole "Great comeback by the way 10/10!". I wasn't trying to 'comeback'. Lul.
I'm not trying to upset you at all. That is EXACTLY what the subwoofer in the m14x does. It is dedicated to low frequencies. That is the absolute definition of a subwoofer. I don't know how to make it any more clear to you. Just because it's not as robust as a woofer in a car does not mean that it is not a sub woofer.
krishnooof said:

There actually is a little subwoofer in M14x. There is a 2.1 setup with 2 speakers under the monitor and the subwoofer more or less under the touchpad, on the bottom part of laptop. To fix your problem go to playback devices, right click on speakers and configure speakers. Than select 5.1 setup, go next, untick the rear pair and center speakers and finish. It should fix it.

I just thought i'd bump this because it's so good. This totally fixed everything for me, just have to restart the computer after you do it.

This thread is locked.
To reply, please Log In.