CS:GO PC vs XBox

Ok, just FYI, I own this game for both PC and XBox, and have had a chance to try them both out. PC - Good game, they took the good things from CS:S, and actually kept them. They have also turned a couple of the popular mods and made them standard game (Gun Game=Arms Race). Overall CS:GO has the look and feel of CS:S, with updated graphics. The only thing I'm not to happy with is the UI...have spent waaay too much time trying to buy a gun, but I bet it will get easier with time. XBOX - Now before you go shouting that PC is better, get it in your head that some people don't/won't play games on a PC. So for those of you that want counter-strike but your friends refuse to "step into the light", the Xbox version is not bad. A good port of the PC game, virtually identical. The only issue I have is the auto lock, or lack of. The way consoles get around the precision of a mouse, is to throw a little help your way, by auto locking the last little bit. If your close, bring up the sights and your on. CS:GO lacks this...for a fast pace game, it makes aiming rather difficult, i spent most of my time camping or crouch/walking, just to get a little better aim. This may get fixed in a patch, because as is...will turn many players off. Conclusion - Both game great if you enjoy CS, PC is better, but XBOX could be in the running with a small fix. For $15 each, not a bad game for your collection!
I am contemplating getting it for Xbox but I think PC is enough for me...
Is the multiplayer cross-platform? I think I read it somewhere a while ago but now it seems a bit biased towards PC players (that's me haha)
nightshinee said:

Is the multiplayer cross-platform? I think I read it somewhere a while ago but now it seems a bit biased towards PC players (that's me haha)

No cross platform. I dont understand why you wouldnt get it on pc. More community made maps and game modes, game better suited for kb+m and also the requirements are so low almost any computer can run this. Also it's mac compatible, everyone can play on any pc system.
I played it on PC and it is smooth, I have it on the PS3, just bought it, and while I can connect online faster then the PC the controller is just odd feeling, Im use to playing it with the mouse and Keyboard, good thing they have that option on the PS3 version, I think they have it on the x360 too, but it feels different playing a CS game on console, and the only reason I got it on PS3 is cuz my cuzn has it on his PS3 since his PC wont run the game, or any games, not even valve games, its one of those touch screen monitor computers where it does not have a tower, its all in the monitor which does not do good on games at all it seems lol. btw to me PS3 and 360 is the same thing, they look the same, PC looks the same too but runs smoother for me lol.
Beevman said:

nightshinee said:

No cross platform. I dont understand why you wouldnt get it on pc. More community made maps and game modes, game better suited for kb+m and also the requirements are so low almost any computer can run this. Also it's mac compatible, everyone can play on any pc system.

My cuzn cant play it on his PC, and its a newer pc, just those Monitor computer that dont have towers cant play anything it seems, he tryed but he said even on all low settings it lag, he got about 3 FPS with all low for any CS game, even the CS classic, which is crazy also his computer is brand new, lol.
Beevman said:

nightshinee said:

Very true, like I said though some people just won't play PC games. The stigma of over-weight, pimple-faced, dice-rollin', virgins, still haunts PC Gamers...Its getting better, but still there. I have it on console to play with those that refuse to buy PC games
mrdeath456 said:

Beevman said:

nightshinee said:

My cuzn cant play it on his PC, and its a newer pc, just those Monitor computer that dont have towers cant play anything it seems, he tryed but he said even on all low settings it lag, he got about 3 FPS with all low for any CS game, even the CS classic, which is crazy also his computer is brand new, lol.

It doesn't matter how new a computer is, it won't render graphics well if it doesn't have a decent GPU. As for CS:GO on the 360, I find it hilarious. I really wish there was cross platform play, so many console kiddie tears!!!
Actually what Throbsteele said in his post made a lot of sense... I was gonna argue blindy about how pc is superior but i think he explained both sides very well... good job :P
What about Ps3? CS:Go came out for the Playstation 3. :) But I would rather play Counter-Strike on a PC, then any of the consoles.

This thread is locked.
To reply, please Log In.