M17x r4 7970m Drivers

Hi Everyone, Just got my laptop and im just wondering what are the best drivers currently for the 7970m card. I know some of you have been having problems with enduro but i dont seem to have any issues with the switchable graphics options. I do have a problem with Catalyst not recognising my card via the AMD site, is this due to something Alienware have done? Is it advisable to change these drivers? Or should i stick with the drivers it came with? Any advise you could give me would be most appreciated. Kind regards, Luke
13.1 is the newest out. It's basically like the 12.11 beta drivers. I had some trouble installing them on my m18x but they seem to work just fine now. The 12.10 driver also worked fine for me before I installed the most recent.
I have some problems with Enduro on my 12.11, but other than that they run a lot better in games (almost 40% better performance in BF3 over Dell's 7970m driver). The main problems I've had with Enduro is that it will sometimes freeze with Enduro enabled if I'm running on my "power saver" power plan. If I'm on the high-performance power plan everything is fine, and of course, ~40% better in BF3 is always nice. I mainly do my heavy gaming with Enduro disabled, so I never have any real issues. I haven't had the issue listed above happen enough times for me to really pinpoint exactly what's happening.
How do I get the catalyst auto driver update thing to recognise my 7970m? At the moment it doesnt recognize I have it using the automatic tool. Do i need to uninstall manually and reinstall the new drivers from the Ati website? Does anyone have any links to the correct drivers?
Currently the AMD Mobility Radeon™ Driver Verification Tool does not recognize my card.
Im assuming if i remove the alienware drivers and then try to run the driver verification tool it will recognize it?
If you go to amds driver page there is a link to automatically detect and install latest drivers.
"" said:

If you go to amds driver page there is a link to automatically detect and install latest drivers.

I did that and then I got the catalyst does not recognize your device.
It displays this: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/pages/737-28041supportforatimobility.aspx And then i cant do anything
I would recommend 12.11 list in the article below. It is the one that Alienware recommends and it works great with my 6990m. http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&cs=19&docid=439341
At the bottom of this page are links to the 13.1 mobility drivers. I assume since you just got your computer that it features an Ivy Bridge processor? If not these won't work. Hopefully this will take care of your problem with Catalyst Control Center failing to update on it's own.

This thread is locked.
To reply, please Log In.