Hi. I have the m15 with GTX 1060. I have been running a lot of tests, reading reviews on reddit, watching some youtube reviews and it seems that a lot of people are seeing that CPU under load gets to 100 degrees, including me. So, I have some questions:
1) CPU temp limit is 100. How damaging this temp to run at ? For example, playing Battlefield V keeps the CPU temps in the upper 90s.
2) I have mounted an SSD, and while doing so, I noticed that the screws for the heat pipe are not fully bolted. They can no longer be tightened, but they also don't seem to make proper contact with the heat pipe, so they look as if they are not applying pressure on the heat pipe. Similar to putting screws longer than the hole. Going through reddit, it seems that I am not the only one seeing this. Is this how they are supposed to be ? Or are these units flawed ?
3) When running some intensive work, I see this: 2 cores hitting 100 degrees, 3 others stay in the 90s, while the 6th one is around 75-80. Is this normal, or does it mean that the heat pipe is not making proper contact ? The CPU clock is the same on all cores, so it's not like this core is lazy or underclocked.
4) I see the CPU going from 50 degrees to 100 in less than 1 sec when starting some heavy load. Is this normal ?
5) Is coil whine a problem ? If the CPU clock is > 2.2, there is a strange sound coming from the laptop (like an HDD reading data), and I believe it is coil whine. The sound is there even if CPU usage is 5% (so not only under full load). Sound is not coming from the fans, as at 40-50 degrees the fans are not spinning.
6) What are the temperatures the m15 should run at ? I want to know if the 100 degrees temps on the CPU when playing Battlefield V is "as expected", or it means there is an issue with the heat pipe or something else and I need to contact support.